In order to bring your SwapBot to life, you will need to Scan it! This is the first step to playing the game.
Building your Bot.
- A SwapBot is made of three parts - a head, body and base. You will need one of each piece to build a perfect Swapbot.
- You can use pieces from any of the 9 characters from the Kickstarter Edition Season 1 packs. Who are your favourites?
TOP TIP: Want more Swapbots? Click here for more information!
- Hold the toy up to the camera, keeping the SwapBot steady and in view of the camera.
- Make sure the head, body and base are well lit, and in focus.
- When all three parts are detected, the SwapScope will download the necessary Bot information. Make sure you have an internet connection!
- When the download is complete, the bot should be held steady to allow it to stabilise.
TOP TIP: Tap the screen or move the bot forwards and backwards to help focus if you're having trouble!
Bring it to life!
- Press and hold on both of the charging buttons that appear to charge up energy and bring your bot to life!
- The Hub will appear around your Bot, meaning that its time to Play!
- If you ever want to rescan your 'Bot for a new one, tap the Rescan button in the upper right HUD.
TOP TIP: Having trouble scanning? Click here for more information.
The Hub is your gateway to the world of SwapBots, and is used to access special "rooms", which allow you to play with and customise your Bot.
- Use the carousel at the bottom of the screen to move between AR Rooms.
- Entering a room will cause special items to appear around your SwapBot in the real world. Tap these to explore the features of the room!
Why are some rooms locked off?
Not all SwapBots content is available yet, as the game is still in an alpha state! Keep an eye out for updates, or let us know what you would like to see in SwapBots!
Nico, Drago and the rest of the SwapBots are a heroic crew, dedicated to becoming stronger. Help them hone their abilities in the Hero League arena by battling!
- From the Battle room in the hub, tap the teleporter and select either Single Player or Multiplayer battle to be transported to the battle arena.
- In single player battle, you will fight an AI Swapbot in a practice match.
- In multiplayer, you will have the chance to search for a human opponent!
- The object of battle is to reduce your opponent's HP to 0.
- Choose a move from the 3 available. Each move corresponds to the pieces you have built your Bot from. Each bot has unique moves!
TOP TIP: Each part of battle has a 5 second time limit, so make your choices quickly!
- After choosing a move, you need to decide which enemy part to attack. Some attacks will have advantages over others, so choose carefully!
- Power up your ability by spinning the overdrive wheel!
- That's all there is to it!
TOP TIP: Experiment with different bot combinations to find different strategies. Some moves do damage, heal your Bot or increase your stats! Which are your favourites?
Skins are colour scheme customisations you can unlock and apply to your SwapBot!
Finding Skin Customisation
- From the Customise room in the hub, tap the Painterbot to go to the skin selection screen.
- Swipe between skin crystals on the left of the screen to preview different skin customisations!
- On the right of the screen, you can see the requirements for unlocking that skin. This could involve battling with certain bot parts, defeating other players online, or simple being a kickstarter or indiegogo backer!
- To unlock a skin and make it available for customisation, fulfill the requirements and hit the craft button!
- As a bonus reward, you will also unlock some facts about the SwapBots, their clan and the world they inhabit.
TOP TIP: Once a skin is unlocked, it will automatically apply to your bot when you preview it!
AR Play allows you to play with your 'Bot in Augmented Realty (AR), as well as take pictures of them! This is an experimental mode, and we'd love to know how you think it could be improved.
Finding AR Play
- AR Play is a little unusual in that it doesn't have a dedicated Room - tap the camera button in the top left of the screen to enter this mode!
Using AR Play
- Tap the Show GUI button to toggle the HUD - giving you a better view of the screen!
- Hit the big Camera button to take a picture!
- You'll need to enable camera permissions in order to save photos to your device. Click here for more information!
- The only limit is your imagination!
TOP TIP: We'd love to see what you and your SwapBots get up to!