This article will attempt to cover some common issues that might arise while playing the SwapBots Alpha. As a studio we strive hard to fix all bugs that we find but even some of those are out of our hands.
Vuforia Initalization Error
I've just launched SwapBots and I got the error screen:
"Vuforia Initalization Error - INIT NO CAMERA ACCESS"
iOS Users will see this screen:
Android Users will see this screen:
You will get a Vuforia error message if you have denied SwapBots from being able to access the devices camera. Due to the nature of Augmented Reality applications, they require the devices camera for the app to function.
To fix this issue you will need to go into your devices settings and reenabled the camera permission.
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to the list of apps at the very bottom.
- Tap on the SwapBots app and you’ll see the permissions it wants.
- You can enable or disable individual permissions here.
- Open your device’s Settings app, then tap Apps under the Device subheading.
- Next, either tap the settings icon in the upper-right corner and/or tap App permissions on the following screen.
- Click on Application List and search for SwapBots. You can enable or disable individual permissions here.
Authentication issues - contact developers
Double check your username and password are correct. Its very easy on touch screen keyboards to accidentally add or miss out a letter or number. The password we have sent you has been randomly generated and will not be changed through out the Alpha.
I tried to login and nothing happened!
If you have this screen, the confirm button has darkened and nothing else has happened, this is usually down to internet connection being too weak or non existent. Please check your internet connection; Wifi or mobile data.
SwapBots is an online game, it requires internet access to be able to access our game servers. Even if you are not playing online battle, you still need an internet connection.